LEWIS COUNTY PLANNING BOARD
March 15, 2007
1. Call to Order: Vice Chairman Sweet called the monthly meeting of the Lewis County Planning Board to order at 6:15 PM in the third floor conference room, Lewis County Court House, Lowville, NY.
2. Roll Call: Board members present: Tom Sweet, Pat Wallace, Mike Kaido and Michael Green, Rick Lucas. Staff present: Renee Beyer, Planner. Others: Mr. Arnold Swiernick
3. Reading and Approval of Minutes: Inadvertently, the minutes from the February meeting were not read or approved.
4. Correspondence and Communication: None
5. Report From Officers: None
6. Report of Special Committees:
239-M Review Committee
Mrs. Beyer reviewed the following projects.
TOWN OF DENMARK TOWN BOARD
Mr. Wallace agreed that keeping the minimum lot size requirements higher would be a good suggestion due to setback requirements and rights-of-way for state and county highways. The Board discussed various situations in which a one-acre lot may not be able to meet setback requirements.
Mr. Wallace made a motion to approve the amendment with comments; Mr. Green seconded the motion, which carried unanimously.
TOWN OF TURIN PLANNING BOARD
Comment: The Town of Turin should consider using the word "harvested" rather than "produced" in the definition of "Commercial and Processing Use".
Mr. Green asked if there would be an impact on the Black River by changing the zone designation. Mrs. Beyer explained that the Town's Zoning Law currently addresses development setbacks from streams, wetlands and lakes. The current A district and the proposed C district would both need to meet the setback requirements.
Mr. Lucas made a motion to approve the amendments; Mr. Wallace seconded the motion, which carried unanimously.
7. Report of County Planner: Mrs. Beyer reminded the Board of the Local Government Conference in Watertown at JCC on March 29th.
8. Unfinished Business: none
9. New Business: none
10. Adjournment: There being no other business, a motion to adjourn the meeting was made by Mr. Green and seconded by Mr. Lucas. Vice Chairman Sweet adjourned the meeting at 6:45 PM.